1.30.2015

a workshop this sunday + what's new



Just a little note to mention there are a few spots left in my Rose de Granville workshop this Sunday morning at Handcraft Studio School in Emeryville. I'm excited to teach this single subject class. There was a lot of interest in this class, so look for more single flower classes in the spring, I'm thinking ranunculus!

Lately I have been trying my hand at some new smaller scale flowers, like a better ranunculus and David Austin and other garden roses. I just spent a week making headpieces for San Francisco Magazine that may or may not make it into the final spread of an editorial photo shoot they shot in Carmel earlier this week. I hope they use at least one of them, they were a TON of work! Until I make a page for my smaller work on my papel SF website, you can always scroll through my Instagram feed to see what I'm up to, if you are so inclined! I am @tiffanieturner. Those headpieces are now back and up for sale in my Etsy shop, if you want to take a gander. 

Next week I am preparing for my teaching trip to L.A. The all-day workshop at French General is almost full. I am very excited to get away and also to see French General. I hope I don't spend ALL my earnings there. When I return I am going to see about doing some fundraising through Kickstarter or some such thing to help fund an exhibit I've been invited to do on the East Coast this summer. I am horrified of making a video for the campaign, but I really cannot go much further with my work until there is a little money behind it.

Finally, for anyone still reading, I am talking to a friend about doing a book. A paper book filled with flowers and more. I think it's time. Apparently, the more public support I have behind this idea, the better I will do when submitting my proposal. So I am taking screen shots of every wonderful comment on Instagram and saving the emails I get requesting me to teach from all over the place, building my case. Those comments matter, I guess! Maybe this would be a good time to see if you would be interested in a flower (and other) paper art book written by yours truly. I'd love to hear from you, and it can only help!

Okay, that's all for now. Have a great weekend, and thank you as always for reading! 

xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...