3.08.2013

signage



Oh my goodness, I haven't come up for air in days. I've been working on these faux chalkboard signs for Stella's school auction this weekend. I didn't think it would be such a big task, but with the pens I'm using running out of juice so often and just the scope of things, I bit off way more than I can chew. And I have so much left to do in the next four days. I went to bed at 5:30 this morning, only slightly later than every other night this week. Oliver has been playing at my feet and talking to me all day long every day. Talking, talking, talking. I feel bad for him this week, but will make it up to him soon.

Kind of almost done with these at least. I am using two different white acrylic paint pens which are exactly the same as far as appearance and line weight: the uni POSCA medium line marker PC-5M and the Montana Markers paint marker (fine). I have had to use A LOT of them to pull this off. Not everything I've drawn is pictured here. I just now found a refillable paint pen (here), wish I'd seen that earlier!

Man, I cannot wait until this weekend is OVER, although I am really looking forward to the auction. We have some amazing parent artists who have donated amazing pieces of their artwork. I feel kinda like Cinderella about that, no time with all this going on to pull something together to donate myself. C'est la vie!

I hope you have a great weekend! xoxo










2 comments:

  1. You may be the G.R.E.A.T.E.S.T parent volunteer ever. I'm blown away.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...