8.29.2011

first days


Warning: These photographs might blow your mind. As a matter of fact, I know they'll blow David's mind. David, call me after you see this!

This is the fourth year Stella has headed off to school, now a first grader. I've compiled a look back at the last four years of first days of school. As any parent will tell you, this is heartbreaking stuff.

Two years and ten months old, off to a one morning a week Spanish program that offered much less than promised. We pulled her out after two months.


 Three years and ten months old. Off for four days a week at Centro Las Olas, a most wonderful Spanish Immersion preschool. She went in with a limited vocabulary and no ability to speak Spanish, she came out fully fluent. Look at this muñeca!


Four years and ten months old. Ready for kindergarten and happy to leave our two daily bus rides to preschool behind us. We walk to school every day and love every step of it. 


Still so very baby-faced!

Which brings us to this year.
Five years and ten months old. Entering first grade in a first and second grade split class. She seems so much older this year. She is an amazing little lady with an unending appetite for play. 


 Could I love this one anymore than I do? I think not. It is truly amazing to watch a child grow up. Truly.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

08.15.11



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe she was ever that small. Such a great post. I have a little tear in my eye.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...